In 2074, the Combine was flush with the success of the largest cybertank to date, the Ogre Mk. III. Designers were tasked with building a bigger, better Ogre. Rather than build one unit to do everything, they designed two: the Mk. V for short-range, high-intensity exchanges, and the Mk. IV for fast strike, long-range power.
The Ogre Mk. IV carries a single main gun, and a pair of secondaries. However, its primary weapons are the three missile racks mounted in the rear, loaded with 5 missiles each. In addition, it moves faster than any other unit, short of a GEV – a full 4 hexes (8") per turn. A certain amount of durability was sacrificed to achieve such speeds though; this cybertank has only 56 tread units. The Ogre Mk. IV adds 150 points to your army.
This figure was sculpted digitally by Richard Kerr, who also painted the images on the left and below.
The Ogre Mk. IV is only available through Warehouse 23.
Stock number 10-0105
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Also available is the Ogre Mk. IV Repair Kit.
The Ogre Mk. IV may be substituted for an Ogre Mk. V in the Advanced Scenario. However, as the Mk. IV is more vulnerable to the "Fuzzy Wuzzy" problem (see "Ogres and The Fuzzy Wuzzy Fallace" by Lawrence Duffield in The Ogre Book), no more than 25% of the opposing force may be made up of identical units.
Every Ogre needs a record sheet. Click on the image for a more printer friendly, PDF version.
A few images of the Mk. IV, as painted by Richard Kerr.
One of the nifty things about sculpting digitally is the ability to see what the piece will look like with a stellar paint job, even before it gets cast. This image was created by adding a "skin" of a cammo pattern over the basic green.
Richard can also pull a couple of nifty tricks besides simple skins. This image was created with a filter which produces the "conceptual art" version.
- Ogre Miniatures, Second Edition – The new, updated rulebook.
- Ogre Miniatures – The original rulebook.
- Ogre Miniatures Set 1 – The basic Paneuropean units.
- Ogre Miniatures Set 2 – The advanced Paneuropean units.
- Deluxe Ogre – Combine starter set.
More Combine units:
- Combine Set 1 – Ogre Mk. V
- Combine Set 2 – Ogre Mk. III
- Combine Set 3 – Heavy Armor Company
- Combine Set 4 – GEV Company
- Combine Set 5 – Missile Tank Squadrons & Mobile Battery
- Combine Set 6 – Mechanized Infantry Company with Escort Squadron
- Combine Set 7 – Howitzer Battery & Reinforced Infantry Battalion
- Combine Set 9 – Laser Towers and Turrets
- Combine Set 10 – Fast Convoy
- Combine Set 11 – Ogre Mk. I and II
- Combine Set 12 – Ogre Mk. III-B
- Ogre Mk. IV
- Ogre Mk. VI
- Combine Structures – Individual buildings and support structures.
- Deluxe G.E.V. – Paneuropean starter set.
- Other Ogre Minis