Written by Brian J. Underhill
Edited by Andrew Hackard
Cover art by Jon Foster
Illustrated by Zach Howard and Ramón Pérez
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
130 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $22.95
Stock number 01-6039
Available Now at – Amazon
131 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6027
Always Available – Click here to buy!
128 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $9.95
Stock number 6027
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Living on the Edge!
Adventure on the crumbling brink of disaster, dodging the jaws of death with barely a pause for breath between perils. This is the world of the dauntless men and daring women of 1920s and 1930s adventure tales. Live the pulse-quickening, heart stirring, cliche-inspiring exploits chronicled in pulp magazines, movie serials, and newspaper comic strips. Visit the exotic trouble-spots of a world in peril; travel the trackless wastes of unexplored continents; soar through the wide, blue skies of the first generation of manned flight.
GURPS Cliffhangers includes:
- Background material on the world of 1925-1939, including a detailed timeline of this turbulent period.
- Rules and guidelines for generating characters with the style and stamina for cliffhanging adventures.
- New hazards to be faced by the intrepid adventurer! Feel the slashing jaws of the savage piranha; thrill to the ululating war cries of the wild Tuareg; shudder at the sinister schemes of the mad scientist!
- Suggestions for campaigns and adventures, and adapting the cliffhanging style to other milieus.
- A guide to the style, rhetoric, and fiendish cunning of pulp-era villainy.
- GURPS Chaos in Kansas – An adventure sourcebook for Cliffhangers.
- GURPS High-Tech: Pulp Guns – Descriptions, anecdotes, and stats for just about every gun made famous – or notorious – by the cops, gangsters, and mecenaries of the 20s and 30s, both in the real world and in the larger-than-life world of the pulps.
- GURPS Swashbucklers – Come to the age of the Swashbuckler, when the world was wide and fortunes could be made in an afternoon of smoking cannons and bloody cutlasses!
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!