Written by Phil Masters and Alison Brooks
Edited by Ann Dupuis
Cover art by Jeff Koke
Illustrated by Dan Smith and Shea Ryan
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
131 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6520
Always Available – Click here to buy!
130 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $22.95
Stock number 01-6068
Available Now at – Amazon
128 black-and-white pages, softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $22.95
Stock number 6520
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Lost Worlds. Hidden Cities. Holy Ground.
Have you ever wanted to visit Stonehenge? With GURPS Places of Mystery, you can. Or uncover the mystery of the lost city of Atlantis. Travel back in time to ancient Babylon. Journey to Shangri-la and explore the Dreamtime beneath Ayers Rock. Endless adventure awaits within these pages:
- Complete chapters on Atlantis, the Stone Circles of Europe, the Pyramids, and Desert Cities.
- Dozens of shorter descriptions. Chapters cover Asia and the Middle East (including the Forbidden City, the Taj Mahal, and Babylon); Africa and Europe (with the Zimbabwe ruins, Istanbul, and Camelot); and Australasia, Oceania, and the Americas (with Easter Island, the Plains of Nazca, and the Anasazi enigma).
- An outline for the "Secret History" campaign, allowing PCs to wield subtle magic or lost technology in the real world, past or present.
- Rules for "Places of Power" -- letting you create wizards who are deadly on their home grounds, or mystic sites that give incredible power to all magicians.
Plus: ley lines, the Loch Ness monster, cities underground and beneath the sea, King Solomon's Mines, ghosts and haunted places, geomancy, space gods, ancient navigators, and the Seven Wonders of the World.
The world is stranger than you think.
It's time to go see the sights.
- GURPS Atlantis – Long ago, beyond the edge of the world, a great empire grew decadent . . . and sank forever beneath the waves. The Lost Land; the Sunken City; the Ancient Birthplace of Secrets.
- GURPS Infinite Worlds – The good news is, there are other Earths. Maybe an infinite number. The bad news is, somebody out there doesn't like us.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.
- Additional Ley Spells – Here are a few outtakes from Places of Mystery that Phil thought might be of interest.
- Author Phil Masters has this to add:
Furthermore, to make sure of as much as possible; the title page of the book was supposed to say:
"The authors would like to thank David Edelstein, Mrs J.I. Flin, Steve Gilham, Liam Gormley, Jenny Hein, David Pulver, the Rev. Michael "Moriah" Sullivan, and Jo and Ken Walton, for playtesting, extra information, and useful comments on the contents of this book. Special thanks to David Flin and Angela Masters, who helped chase down quite a few of the mysteries – amongst other things."
- Read the Designer's Notes for free on Pyramid!
- See our GURPS Resources page for general GURPS tools.