Written by David Thomas Moore
Edited by Nikola Vrtis
Editorial Assistance by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by Dan Smith
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
38 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1681
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Become the Best Martial Artist on Yrth!
GURPS Martial Arts looks at hand-to-hand combat of all kinds, with an emphasis on what's feasible on our Earthly orb. But what can fighters do in a world where "fantasy" is reality? GURPS Martial Arts: Yrth Fighting Styles explores the violent possibilities in the GURPS Banestorm setting . . . and offers many options that can enhance the combatants of your own fantasy realms.
- Discover more than a dozen armed and unarmed fighting styles specific to Yrth, and use the included lenses to focus suitable Martial Arts styles into Yrth-based ones.
- Find out how existing advantages, disadvantages, and skills work in a fantasy world, and augment your heroes with new perks, techniques, specialties, and variants.
- Fight like an animal (literally!) using expanded rules that cover everything from sharks to giraffes – or exploit guidelines that let you take the action underwater.
- Depart from the traditional! Power up styles with Imbuement Skills from GURPS Power-Ups 1: Imbuements . . . or use the included werewolf template and related abilities to bring out your inner beast.
- Live as a knight, legionary, mercenary, dwarf, or dark elf, thanks to insight into daily routines and suggestions for suitable character templates (including two new ones).
- Learn the martial history of Yrth's civilizations – not only human, but also dwarven, elven, many others – and read about the great warriors who influenced that world's fighting styles.
Whether you're seeking new options for fantasy adventurers, more details to enliven your elves, or fitting threats for Yrth's mightiest heroes, you'll find it in Martial Arts: Yrth Fighting Styles. The fields, forests, and seas are more dangerous than ever. Give your champions a fighting chance!
- For styles that didn't quite fit in this supplement, from the author of Yrth Fighting Styles, check out "Fusion Styles of Ytarria" from Pyramid #3/61: Way of the Warrior.
- Discover the foundations of detailed armed and unarmed combat in GURPS with GURPS Martial Arts.
- Learn more about the Yrth setting – including the locations discussed in Yrth Fighting Styles – with GURPS Banestorm.
- These martial-arts styles could prove really useful if you find yourself on Abydos, the isle described in GURPS Banestorm: Abydos – the City of the Dead!
- Take to the arena and fight for your life, with the gear and guidelines from Martial Arts: Gladiators.
- If you need more detailed undersea fighting rules for the aquatic fighters herein, check out Pyramid #3/26: Underwater Adventures.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!